In the margins of the 19th Session of the International Criminal Court Assembly of States Parties, the Embassy of Bangladesh to the Netherlands and No Peace Without Justice, together with Amnesty International, Asia Justice Coalition, the Association against Impunity, Burma Task Force, International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), Fortify Rights, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, Global Justice Center, Human Rights Watch, Justice for All, Parliamentarians for Global Action and the Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice, are convening a virtual Side-event on “Justice and Accountability for Sexual and Gender-Based Crimes Against the Rohingya”, to be held on 11 December 2020 (from 17:00 to 19:00, Hague time (CET)).
Speakers will include:
- Tun Khin, President of Burma Rohingya Organisation UK
- Razia Sultana, Funder and Chair of RW Welfare
- Yasmin Ullah, Actvist and President of Rohingya Human Rights Network
- Melinda Reed, Executive Director of Women's Initiative for Gender Justice (WIGJ).
Professor Imtiaz Ahmed, Director, Centre for Genocide Studies, University of Dhaka
- Laetitia van den Assum, Independent diplomatic expert, previously Dutch ambassador and member of the Advisory Commission on Rakhine State chaired by Kofi Annan
To register for the session please see.